Wednesday, September 16, 2009

There is no such thing as "Reverse Racism"


Not going to be a terribly long article.

I just want to point out Reverse Racism doesnt exist. I mean the term is used alot but there really is no such thing. There is only racism.

The term Reverse Racism implies that racism is supposed to only go in one direction, typically thought as from whites to non whites. To call it reverse racism when it happens the other way implies that it is not supposed to happen in that direction. It says hey it was OK when it was happening to everyone else but now its a problem, its own special problem.

Now I am not suggesting that whites arent facing discrimination in today's society, but I just reject the notion it is any different than the same thing other minorities have been facing all along. Understand? Makes common sense to me.

No comments: